In This Episode You’ll Hear About:
- Her early experimental days with fermentation and kombucha both as food to enjoy and also to heal.
- The ways the universe lined up to put her in contact with her best friend and co founder Vanessa.
- What a Kombucha Scoby is, and why you might want to put it on your head.
- How a focused and inspired one hour meeting led to the famous anchor logo and the Health-Ade brand name.
- The feelings of excitement mixed with fear that Daina and her co-founders felt when they all quit their jobs at the same time to work full time on Health-Ade.
- The price that comes with being an entrepreneur and why you should embrace it.
- The glamorous side of owning a business that we see vs what we don’t see behind the curtain.
- Challenges within the fundraising process and tips Daina has about negotiating contracts as a founder.
- What Daina does to keep her 200+ employees in sync and create great company culture.
- Practical advice for things you should know when starting a business venture.
- Her personal journey as a CEO and how Daina gained confidence in who she is both personally and professionally.
To Find Out More:
- “Creative things sometimes best come out from being in a pressure cooker.”
- “All of our friends and family were asking us to please not quit our jobs and start a kombucha company from the farmers market.”
- “It’s not about being fearless. I wasn’t fearless at all.”
- “Starting a business is just constant problem-solving, in every way you can imagine.”
- “The weird thing about confidence is that it’s already there inside you.”
- “I did then what I knew how to do, now that I know better, I do better”
- “Being awesome is wildly inconvenient”