In this Episode You'll Hear About:
- How and why Sahil dropped out of high school
- How he landed a job at Yahoo! full-time at age 17
- His experience working for AOL at age 19 and why he got fired
- The valuable lessons he learned from his first startup
- What prompted Sahil to launch AdStage
- Why he’s not a big fan of outsourcing
- How his emotions impact his business and how he stays consistent and patient.
- His process for hiring the right people and how he gauges if the applicant is the right fit
- Why his company hosts hackathons
- His experience in raising capital for his business and tips on pitching
- Why he thinks staying naive is an important part of success
- His perspective on the future of digital media & advertising
- His advice for aspiring founders or anyone looking to start a business
To Find Out More:
- "It's really important who you start a company with and it's really important to pick your founders properly and people who you get along with philosophically as well as just in general."
- "My co-founder and I often remind ourselves that if we're having a really bad day, we can't bring it in with us to the office."
- "Hiring is your most important job as a founder and as a leader."
- "Getting someone excited (about your business) can be done in many many different ways."
- When it comes to fundraising: "I think the most important thing is authenticity."