Are you looking for eCommerce insights, strategy, or operational advice for your eCommerce business? Future Commerce is the leading podcast for founders and operators alike who aren't looking for the next conversion rate optimization tip or how to execute a playbook. It's for those who yearn for something deeper than CRO and PPC. Each week our hosts Phillip Jackson and Brian Lange ask hard questions to founders and executives at successful brands and how they turned their 'making money online' approach into a thriving business.
Weekly essays, blogs, show notes, full transcripts, and quarterly market research reports are available at https://futurecommerce.fm
Phillip is making a FB Messenger Bot
Phillip is speaking at ZendCon 2016
- PCI Compliance
- Conversational Commerce
- You’ll try on clothes in VR - see yourself and how you look in them
- Eventually, most clothing will be on demand and therefore perfectly tailored - you won’t be trying on sizes, you’ll simply be seeing different designs/colors/sizes on yourself.
- Could revolutionize clothing design
- Cost, brand etc will be tied up with quality, speed, and other factors.
- In fact there may just be local clothes printing stations: http://www.electroloom.com/
Gaming and virtual communities
- You’ll play games as yourself
- Health and fitness data will be updated in real time
- You’ll improve your personal fitness to be more competitive in games
- Many games will become incredibly physically competitive
- Different body types will find different roles in each game
- Imagine playing Madden with your squad. So sick.
Comprehensive body scans could eventually be covered by health insurance
- Virtual health will get easier (benefits of virtual health have already been covered at length by many https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-virtual-health)
- Insurance companies are already incentivizing good health habits (and this will go further with more tracking)
- Scan could be much more in depth than at home tools
- We will likely see more hardware and software available for providing real time updates to healthcare providers.
- Some of these devices/software will double for providing updates to other channels (games etc, since some of these channels will only accept data from more “official” data collection methods)
- Anomalies in data could trigger notifications and healthcare providers will be the ones requesting appointments (mostly virtual) instead of the other way around http://diatribe.org/google-secures-patent-glucose-sensing-contact-lens
- Only dating sites that use verified body data will be considered
- Obviously, this will be in VR
Body data as become unique identifiers
Body data as a personal asset
Body data security
Check out your personal Google Maps profile!